This book is tailored for the core subject of Media and Information Literacy of the Philippines’ Senior High School curriculum. It introduces students to a basic understanding of media and information as channels of communication and tools for the development of individuals and societies. It also aims to develop students to be creative and critical thinkers as well as responsible users and competent producers of media and information. In addition to explanatory notes, each chapter includes mini cases, discussion questions, and end-of-chapter case studies to help students grasp the relevant concepts and theories.
• Complies with the requirements of the Media and Information Literacy subject of the Senior High School curriculum
• Written at an accessible level for students
• Packed with illustrations and graphics for better comprehension
• Interspersed with mini cases that portray real-life examples
• Reinforces students’ understanding through closing case studies in each chapter
• Tests students’ comprehension through end-of-chapter discussion questions
• Emphasizes important concepts through a list of concepts for review and summary at the end of each chapter