Excel in Mathematics 6 series was written by experienced teachers and subject experts. This series aims to provide a complete course that delivers the Cambridge Primary Mathematics Curriculum Framework (Stage 6). It also incorporates the latest National Curriculum for Indonesia for Mathematics (Class 6).
This Teacher's Guide is designed to support both Excel in Mathematics Student Book 6B and Excel in Mathematics Workbook 6B.
Support is presented under the following headings:
- Scheme of Work – provides macro planning for a whole semester.
- Chapter Overview – an overview of the topic, which outlines the objectives covered and the skills students will develop. These objectives follow closely the Cambridge Primary Mathematics Curriculum Framework, with the infusion of the latest National Curriculum for Indonesia.
- Vocabulary (English – Bahasa Indonesia) – highlights the keywords that teachers should use in their teaching.
- Resources available/Materials required – a list of items that teachers and students can use for the teaching and learning activities in the classroom according to subtopics of a chapter.
- Concept map – organises content of a chapter to help teachers in planning lessons.
All pages of Student Book 6B and Workbook 6B are reproduced together with the following features: Teaching ideas, Additional activities, Supporting materials, Assessment Questions, Answers and Appendices.
Teachers may also refer to the following website for additional resources:
BEAM mathematics teaching support resources